Choosing Toys for Your Child 1. Avoid buying toys that contain small parts or toys that can be broken easily as they might be harmful to your children.The toy may be swallowed and obstruct the respiratory system of the child which can lead to death.
2. Do not choose toys that have sharp edges as they may be harmful.
3. Avoid toys that are too loud as it may effect the auditory nerves of the child.
4. Colorful toys can attract the child’s attention but you should ensure that the colors are safe for your child.
5. Toys with different shapes and texture are recommended as it stimulates the cognitive system of the child.
6. In the case of second-hand toys, check the toy thoroughly as the toy might be damaged easily and result in harmful consequence. Sanitize the toy prior to use.
7. Purchased toys should be high quality as some lower quality toys might not be safe for your child, might not be durable and might contain lead or harmful chemical substance. The quality of the toy can be primarily examined on the package.
8. Toys should be suitable for age and development of your child. The toy should not be too difficult to playwith as it will reduce the excitement of your child. You should start from toys that are easier and gradually adjust the difficulty with age, so your child will not lose their confidence.