Scoliosis can happen in different age ranges and can have different causes. In small children, it may be caused by abnormal growth of the spinal cord of the fetus. In the elderly, it may be caused by degeneration of the spinal cord.
- No symptom
- Bent neck
- Both sides of shoulders or hips are unbalanced
- Bent posture when walking
- Back pain and hip pain down to legs
Scoliosis should be diagnosed and treated immediately if suspected.
Treatment depends on cause and symptom.
- Symptoms can be observed by x-ray
- Back muscle exercise
- Change position and posture of back
- Control weight